This weekend our family was privileged to listen to General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love General Conference and the joy I feel while listening to the leaders of the church. I am always amazed that so many of the topics that I am thinking about or wondering about are addressed directly if I listen with an open heart and mind. I am so grateful for the messages we heard about agency, prophets, gratitude, morals, personal revelation, families and personal responsibility. I am excited to listen and read the talks again and again in the next 6 months. When I was talking with the kids and Rob about conference it was amazing the stories they remembered. Fun to be able to share a favorite time of mine with the kids. We had popcorn cake, a tradition we created last conference in April, worked on our GC packets and enjoyed a beautiful weekend. In the Book of Mormon we recently read as a family how Nephi went to the Lord to know what Lehi’s dream meant and how to apply it in his life. As he did the Lord taught him. It was perfect timing for conference and talked with the kids about gaining their own understanding of what would be taught during the weekend. It was a great reminder for me that I too can go to the Lord for understanding, and then we were taught at the feet of an apostle about this exact subject – thanks Elder Arnold and Elder Oaks. I have been wondering about my parenting abilities some and as I listened carefully to the talks on parenting – Elder Malm, Mazzagardi, Lawerence, Gong, Anderson,Christofferson, Sister Cook & Wixom I felt that many of my questions were answered. I am grateful for that and that I can go in prayer to the Lord and know specifically what to do with our family to make our home a haven and escape from worldly pressures and things. I know what I heard is true because the Holy Ghost testified it to me and like Nephi and I am grateful for that.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Come Listen to a Prophet’s Voice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment