I had a wonderful Saturday. It started out with a Women’s Conference that my Stake put on that brought in Katherine Nielson who plays Emma on Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration (youtube video) and Emma Smith: My Story. Katherine is first a singer and song writer – she did a beautiful job explaining her research, respect and love for Emma. She also sang two beautiful songs for us. Then there was workshops to chose from – I chose one on receiving personal revelation and the other on recycling and upcycling. Both were well done but I enjoyed the one about revelation the best. It really hit some cords within me and helped me to remember how very important it is that I need to rely upon the Holy Ghost. He provided many great quotes and talks that I am determined to read and understand better. It was a great class. We had lunch and then headed home.
Meanwhile, back at the house Rob has been building a great play house – pictures to come. We feed the kids and then headed to my parents.
Once at my parents farm we picked berried, made jam and prepared for the Passover.
With everything going on in our lives we decided to keep it small – just the Balls and Us but we were blessed with Lizzy and Jessi Turpin as well. I felt much like the mom on Fiddler on the Roof when she is hurrying everyone along to be ready for the Sabbath. I was trying hard to get everything ready to start so that we could eat at not too late of a time. Daddy was our reader and did a great job, all the kids had parts, as well as, the adults as well. We ate Salmon, Brisket, salad, and potatoes. It was really yummy (well and all of the Passover plate items). Then we ended with cheesecake (and a bit of leftover fresh jam) and chocolate over matzah. Yummy!
The Passover always reminds me how loving our Father in Heaven is, how He sent His Son and how grateful I am for that knowledge.
Later the kids and Rob played ball outside before we all headed home. It was a wonderful day of feast both spiritually and physically. I feel very blessed. Thanks Mama and Daddy for sharing your berries and for hosting this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment