Friday, September 16, 2011

Being Done

Yesterday when I was so tired and frustrated with the way things were going with grantwork I took some time to stop, read and ponder.  I was in a place that the Lord is talking about being sufficiently humble.  I instantly felt chastised.  I need to be more humble even if my argument about being more organized, less of a procrastinator and more like me (why can’t a everyone function like me – it would work much better) about co-workers was valid I cogruldn’t do everything on my own.  So, I stand before you more humble than before. As I was working with my boss this mmorning I realized how very much I have to learn about this process of writing grants and running them. I guess I should let her know that at some point.  I really need to get that book. Smile  I wonder if there is a being humble and teachable for dummies – I think it is probably God’s word.

In so many ways I feel incredibly blessed – we have struggles that normal people have and we wish we had less student loans and more money but those are just things in our lives right now.  I came across this blog post that put my life in a  great perspective and thought I would share it with you today.  Hope it helps  you see a brighter place for yourself, realize how blessed we all are and make you realize how easy it is for us to over look the pain and needs of others. 

I am looking forward to a easy weekend – I get to go see all the damage done in my parents part of the world from the wildfires and again feel so blessed that they were spared!

1 comment:

Faith Confessions said...

While my virus software will not let me go to your link I am sure it was something you needed to read and come across just as a reminder of your blessings. I think we all have those moments. I need to pray about being more aware and more humble, thank you for the reminder. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.