
As a 6 year old my family moved to Indonesia and my life has never been the same. I have never really talked with my siblings about what they felt or how it changed their perspective (for some of them they were too little for it to haev too much impact) but for me it changed many things. I remember looking beyond the gates of our camp in Balikpapan and thinking about what the kids on the other side didn't have, how humble (didn't know the word at hte time) homes and circumstances they lived in and wondering how I could help. My mama was always a good example of serving and helping and has sponsered children in other countries for years (mainly through Save the Children or other similar programs). Growing up I, like many, wanted to change the world and tried to figure out what degree would best serve that mission. Today, I find myself saving myself, my family and people with cancer, working at hte kids school, working at church, etc. My vision for helping in the future hasn't changed but I do know that my purpose now is to take care of my family and other responsibilities.
This morning I was reading a blog and found a entry about a ministry call Give Jewerly (click here). It is located in Bali, Indonesia and is a orphange for the children there. The organization sells beautiful jewerly to pay for the up keep, meals and shelter for the children there. As a child we visited Bali several times - it is amazingly beautiful and wonderful so finding this I just had to share.

Christmas is coming up - maybe you can do some shopping and help some children in the process. Here is the link to the blog I read this morning. I hope that I can always be inspired to help and hope that for you as well.
1 comment:
I always have to remind myself that I am giving back just in my own way. Thanks for the jewelry suggestion, I will check it out.
Post a Comment